2nd Annual EVDSC Turkey Trot
2nd Annual Turkey Trot:
On Saturday the 10th of October, the Elk Valley Dolphin Swim Club hosted their 2nd annual Turkey Run. The run due to COVID was held virtually through the STRAVA app. Athletes had 24hours to complete the 11km loop around the Montane Blue loop.
We had an exceptional turn out in the cold and rainy conditions with over 85 participants. Our youngest runner was 8 years old and our older was 65!
The competition was intense with the 7 athletes within 5 minutes of the fastest time. The run aimed to get the community of Fernie moving on the trails before the snow come. EVDSC had 15 turkeys up for grabs on the day for various prizes. Our overall Leader was Jesse.D from Fernie and the fastest female was Veronica Roy. The run wouldn't of been possible without our great sponsors The Fernie Hotel, Save-on-Foods Fernie. Also, Parastone Developments for the amazing job they did marking and maintaining the trail.
1. Fastest Open Male: Jesse D
2. Fastest Open Female: Veronica Roy
3. Fastest Female 16&U : Keira Hansen
4. Fastest Male 16&U: Jacob Lawton
5. Most Laps (3 Laps): Josh Slykhaus
6. Cutest Dogs: Jack Nacho Moore and Lita Taco Moore
7. Best Costume (Bananas + Avocado): Fraser Family
8. Best Costume: Sawatzky Family
9. Youngest: Isla Suave